Thursday, September 17, 2009

Single-Payer Healthcare


I've often heard people ask questions about medical and health-care issues. I've heard questions like:
  • How many nurse's does it take to screw in a light bulb?
  • What do you call an occupational therapist with the runs?
  • What did the x-ray technician say when he saw his parking ticket?
  • What did the doctor say to his patient who had a sore knee?
I am just paraphrasing here, but you get the idea.

I am not a health-care professional, so I don't have the answers to these questions. However, there is one health-care question that I unequivocally do know the answer to:
How awesome is the single payer health-care system?
The answer is, of course, totally awesome! Every citizen in Canada has the same access to medical care, and we do well by it. We live long, healthy lives filled with the best hernia treatments, doughnuts, brain surgery and hockey that the world has to offer. Every aspect of life is more enjoyable, knowing that medical treatment is equally accessible to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment